The environmental benefits of LPG
As well as saving you money – LPG can also help the environment.
LPG powered vehicles are far less polluting than their petrol-powered equivalents.
LPG reduces greenhouse emissions substantially, and is widely acknowledged as a green fuel. e.g. BP Autogas has been certified as ‘Greenhouse Friendly’ by Australian Greenhouse Office.
Studies show that if a modern vehicle is converted to LPG, exhaust gas emissions are reduced as follows:
- 34% reduction in oxides of nitrogen
- 15% reduction in carbon dioxide (the most important of the greenhouse gases which are causing long-term climate change).
- Virtually zero evaporative emissions of hydrocarbons
- Carbon monoxide – 50-60% reduction in tailpipe emissions
- Smog – 30-40% reduction in tailpipe emissions
- Sulphur dioxide – potentially zero emissions
- Air toxins – potentially zero emissions